BV Update July 1
Below is the latest update from Basketball Victoria:
The Victorian Governments announcement on Tuesday 30 June for particular suburbs (postcodes) to revert back to Stage 3 restrictions (due to COVID-19 localised ‘hotspots’) has an impact on domestic basketball in those areas.
From 11.59pm 1 July to 29 July, WBA participants who reside in the suburbs below unfortunately will not be able to conduct basketball activity (Return to Red-0 in Basketball Victoria’s – Return to Sport Guidelines):
- 3012: Brooklyn, Kingville, Maidstone, Tottenham, West Footscray.
- 3021: Alban Vale, Kealba, Kings Park, St Albans.
- 3032: Ascot Vale, High Point City, Maribyrnong, Travancore.
- 3038: Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens.
- 3042: Airport West, Keilor Park, Niddrie.
- 3046: Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park.
- 3047: Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana.
- 3055: Brunswick South, Brunswick West, Moonee Vale, Moreland West.
- 3060: Fawkner.
- 3064: Craigieburn, Donnybrook, Mickleham, Roxburgh Park and Kalkallo.
While we understand this will be a bitter blow to those affected, we ask the basketball community in these areas to observe the Victorian Government restrictions and only leave your home for work or school, care or caregiving, daily exercise and food shopping.
Hopefully with everyone’s vigilance, we will see a reduction in cases across these areas and the rest of Victoria in the coming days and weeks, and everyone will have the opportunity to return to group trainings and competitions.