WBA NewsBasketball Victoria May Update
Basketball Victoria have released a new update on the current COVID-19 situation.
This can be accessed here: http://basketballvictoria.com.au/covid-19/
The basic points of the update are as follows:
- National Cabinet update:
- Agreement to bring forward review of removing basline restrictions on Friday May 8.
- Consideration and endoresement of the 'National Principles for the Resumption of Sport and Recreation Activites'
- A "Framework for Rebooting Sport in a COVID-19 Environment" has been developed by the AIS.
- Basketball Victoria have prepared comphrehensive guidelines - "BASKETBALL VICTORIAS RETURN TO SPORT". It includes risk management strategies to enable a return to basketball.
- Domestic / Social Basketball
- Autumn ad Winter 2020 domestic basketball seasons are suspended until at least 31 May 2020.
- Extensions will be provided on the 365 Day Basketball Victoria License. This will be amended on the PlayHQ system.
- Individual refunds can be requested for those who are experiencing extreme hardship.
As new information becomes available BV will provide further updates.
WBA on behalf of BV